UAS4STEM Mission Competing Teams in the Southeast Hotel Information
UAS4STEM Contest Rules Volunteers Flight Map Map to GMA Airfield
At the Academy of Aeronautics Southeastern UAS4STEM Regional Qualifier, ten teams from four different states will arrive and participate in friendly competition. By the time May 21 arrives, each team will have submitted their proof of flight videos and all other necessary requirements. Months of preparation, planning, learning, and building will culminate into efforts shining as each team executes their mission during their flight time slot. This is when the team stands by themselves to show the good results of hard work and team work.
Each team's rapid response will reveal clues from the perspective of an sUAS with way points leading the way to a rescue. If a team does very well, they get bragging rights and the opportunity to move on to the National UAS4STEM Finals at the AMA Headquarters in Muncie, Indiana.
• Each team's aircraft should be built and ready.
• Each team must be well prepared and ready because all the other teams will be too.
Being safe and fair is required, and having an awesome time is assured.
A small group of hikers has gone missing in a remote area. Although rescuers have determined a search area, they are unsure of the exact location and conditions of the hikers. Your team has been called upon to provide rapid response using a small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) that can support the search-and-rescue mission.
Your team will be flying at the Georgia Model Aviators Airfield where the Etowah River surrounds the Eagles Beak Property. There is a Boy Scouts built canoe drop on the North side and a tall trees line the river all the way around.
The GPS latitude is 34.310574 and the longitude is -84.22706
UAS4STEM 2016 Team Rule Book v6 Back to Top
- UPSA Flying Tigers from Union Point Georgia
- Novelis Soaring Tigers of UPSA from Union Point Georgia
- Boynton Beach Drone Flying Tigers from Boynton Beach Florida
- Creekview High School from Canton Georgia
- Peachtree Ridge Robotics Team Orville from Suwanee Georgia
- Peachtree Ridge Robotics Team Wilbur from Suwanee Georgia
- The A Team from Decatur Tennessee
- Clover HS Soaring Eagles Drone Club of Clover South Carolina
- The UPSA Falcons from Union Point Georiga
- PTC Droners from Peachtree Georgia
UAS4STEM Southeastern Region 2016 Flight Zone Diagram Back to Top
Hotel & Hospitality Back to Top
Hotel accommodations have been made with special pricing for UAS4STEM participants at the local and newly opened
Fairfield Inn & Suites at 3150 Ronald Reagan Blvd, Cumming GA 30041
- There are many restaurants, shopping, and an AMC movie theater within walking distance.
You must call the hotel at 678-208-2626 and use the discount phrase UAS4STEM for the $129 per night discounted rate.
(You must call the number and use the proper phrase UAS4STEM +1-678-208-2626